United Way of Caldwell County strengthens our community and creates opportunity for every citizen by developing partnerships to address our greatest challenges.
United Way works with local programs to provide resources to individuals and families in crisis today, while working year round to improve community conditions and create lasting solutions.
United Way Advances the Common Good
WE focus on protecting services vital to the immediate BASIC NEEDS of the most vulnerable members of our community; while making long term investments in EDUCATION, HEALTH, and FINANCIAL STABILITY because these are the building blocks for a good quality life.
WE believe we all WIN when a person succeeds in school and life, when a neighborhood turns around, when families have good health and people have solid jobs.
WE bring together people and organizations from across the community who bring the PASSION, EXPERTISE, and RESOURCES needed to get things accomplished.
WE invite you to be a part of the change.
The Mission of the United Way of Caldwell County is to measurably improve the lives of both individuals and families in Caldwell County by uniting the resources of donors, volunteers, agencies, and the community while maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability.
What Do You Get When You Give?
EFFICIENCY. United Way effectively leverages donations in order to finance innovative programs that profoundly affect communities. Your investment supports 17 LOCAL Agencies with effective programs that must show measurable outcomes to receive funding.
LOCAL FOCUS. Your support helps people in Caldwell County
CONNECTION. Through United Way, your investment is connected to businesses, volunteers, community leaders, people, and organizations and that multiplies the COMMUNITY IMPACT.
RESULTS. Your gift makes a long term COMMUNITY IMPACT in our community. United Way goes beyond quick fixes to create a measurable and lasting change in our community.
Meet Our Staff
United Way of Caldwell County Facts
- In operation since 1942.
- We fund 17 LOCAL Health and Human service agencies
- Our Community Impact program and initiative will be proudly announced in 2018 after the results of the Community Impact Survey
- Current & Continued Community Impace:
- Backpack program
- Facilitate NC 211 for Caldwell County
- Born Learning Trail will open 2017
- FamilyWize Prescription Program
- 98.65% of funds raised each year stay in Caldwell County. 1.35% goes to United Way Worldwide and United Way of North Carolina who provide marketing, training, and educational opportunities for our local United Way
- Our office staff is small, but mighty. We utilize community volunteers for large projects and special events